Avocado & Peach Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
Salad with a touch of champagne! This is the perfect salad for showing off at a dinner party or BBQ. Don’t worry, if you can’t get your hands on champagne vinegar, it will taste just as lovely with white wine vinegar.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 4 mins
Total time: 24 mins
- 4 large peaches
- 7 tablespoons of canola oil
- 2 tablespoons of Champagne vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 2 firm avocados
- 6 cups of loosely packed arugula
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated Manchego or Parmesan
How To Make Your Grilled Avocado & Peach Salad With Champagne Peach Vinaigrette:
- Place a BBQ grill mat onto the grates of your outdoor (or indoor) grill and heat to 350-400°F (no more scrubbing grates clean afterwards).
- Peel your peaches using a swivel peeler. Chop one peach up into medium chunks using a sharp chef’s knife. Halve the remaining 3 peaches.
- In a blender, add your peach chunks (not the halves), honey, vinegar, and 6 tablespoons of the canola oil, and process till you have a smooth puree. Then, mix in 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Halve and pit your avocados using an avocado slicer – much less mess and wasted flesh than using a knife.
- In a large bowl, gently toss your peach and avocado halves with the remaining 1 tablespoon of canola oil, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Place your peaches and avocado onto the hot BBQ grill mat, cover with lid, and grill for 2 minutes on each side, turning with BBQ tongs, until charred.
- Use an avocado slicer to evenly slice your avocado halves (much easier and less messy than with a knife).
- Slice your peach halves using a precise paring knife.
- Grate your Parmesan or Manchego cheese using the fine grate of a cheese grater.
- In your salad / presentation bowl, place the arugula, peach slices and avocado slices. Drizzle over the Champagne peach vinaigrette and toss through.
- Sprinkle over your grated cheese, and serve with serving tongs.
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- BBQ grill mat
- Chef’s knife
- Avocado slicer
- BBQ grill tools
- Paring knife
- Cheese grater
- Kitchen tongs
Our Chef Remi Avocado Slicer with Knife can make preparing avocados as easy as 123!
This all-in-one tool will safely split an avocado in half, pit an avocado without damaging any flesh, scoop out the flesh AND create even avocado slices, all without wasting any precious fruit.
And yet, it’s safe enough for even the youngest of kids to use!
Add this indispensable kitchen tool to your collection today.