Granola on a BBQ grill! It may sound weird, but think about it. What better place to create golden and crunchy granola?
Place a sheet of aluminum foil full of berries and granola on the grill. Serve immediately over ice cream or Greek yogurt, and watch your kids devour this healthy, warm treat.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 12 mins
Total time: 17 mins
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of oat bran
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- Dried berries (such as raspberries, blueberries etc.) – to serve
- Shredded coconut – to serve
- Greek yoghurt – to serve
How to Make Your BBQ Grilled Granola:
- Heat your BBQ grill to a medium heat. Cut out a large piece of tin foil, brush one side liberally with olive oil, and lay on top of the hot grates.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the rolled oats, oat bran, cinnamon, and sea salt and mix well.
- Now add the olive oil and maple syrup, and stir with a mixing spatula until the oats are fully coated.
- Use the spatula to lay the mixture out onto the center part of the tin foil in a single layer, and ensure you leave sufficient room around the edges so you can wrap the foil into a pouch.
- Place the pouch directly onto your BBQ grill, and grill for 10-12 minutes, giving the pouch a little shake every 3-4 minutes by picking up with BBQ tongs.
- Remove from the hot grill. Be careful as you open the pouch as the temperature inside is likely to be hot. Allow the contents to cool.
- Serve up in individual bowls, add dried berries, shredded coconut and a dollop of Greek yoghurt. Nothing beats BBQ toasted granola!
Our 3 piece mixing spatula set contains everything you need for mixing, scraping, folding, frosting and spreading.
A spoonula (half spoon half spatula) for folding dough, mixing batter, scraping and scooping. A square spatula for perfect scrambled eggs without damaging skillets, even nonstick. And a mini spatula for frosting, or spreading jams or butter.
All heat resistant up to 600°F and completely dishwasher safe!
Add these indispensable kitchen tools to your collection today.