Rice? On a BBQ grill? Wow your children, and your guests, at your next BBQ with our unique rice balls that are crunchy on the outside, and chewy on the inside.
Preparation time: 5 mins (plus rice cooking time)
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- 1 cup of Japanese short-grain rice (or other short grain rice, if unavailable)
- Olive oil
N.B. Use Chef Remi Measuring Cups Set for accurate measuring of ingredients.
How To Make Your Rice Balls:
- Cook your rice as per instructions on packet.
- Place your cooked rice in a small bowl and move the bowl in a flat, circular motion, in the same way you would circle a hula hoop. You’ll find the rice starts to form into balls on its own. This little trick keeps the balls from falling apart on the grill later.
- Wet the palms of your hands and place each ball of rice in between. Squeeze your palms together and flip the rice ball over several times until it comes together. Don’t over compact the rice. You just want to make sure it sticks together.
- Heat your BBQ grill to a medium heat (not too hot as you can burn your rice balls). Place a BBQ grill mat on top of the grates.
- Place the rice balls onto the grill mat. If you feel the grates have got too hot, cook your rice balls at the edges of the grill mat, away from the central heat.
- Brush the topside of your rice balls with olive oil. Gently turn the rice balls using BBQ tongs, and brush the other side with olive oil. Watch your rice balls like a hawk as they can burn quickly.
- Take your rice balls off heat as soon as they turn a golden, nutty color, and serve!
Our Chef Remi Grill Mats can make grilling, whether indoors or out, so much easier. As foods will no longer touch the grates, there’s no more scrubbing food residue off, or losing precious marinade through grates,
And yet, you’ll still get great sear marks!
Add this indispensable grilling tool to your collection today.