Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- 2 pounds pork ribs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 inch ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 red chili, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 spring onions, chopped
2. In a large roasting pan place the pork ribs, 2 garlic cloves, ginger, 1 chopped deseeded red chili and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Pour in 1 cup of warm water, cover with foil and bake for 2 hours.
3. In a small saucepan place the honey, soy sauce, vinegar and 1/2 chopped deseeded red chili. Bring to boil over medium heat and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. When the ribs are done, carefully lift ribs out of pan and dry with kitchen paper. Coat dry ribs all over with the sticky sauce.
5. Preheat a BBQ grill to medium. Place Chef Remi BBQ Grill Mats on a grill rack (do not place them on a direct fire), lightly brush with oil and preheat for 2 minutes. Place the ribs on a mats and grill for 5 minutes per side.
6. Use the Chef Remi Cooking Thermometer to test doneness. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the meat so the tip of the probe is in the center of the meat but not touching a bone and take the ribs off the grill at 145 °F.
7. Transfer to a chopping board.
8. Cover the ribs with foil and set aside for 2-3 minutes to rest. Serve sprinkled with remaining chili and chopped spring onion.