Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves
- salt, black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For Balsamic Reduction:
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
1. To make the balsamic reduction, place the vinegar in a small sauce pan and bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Set aside and let cool.
2. Brush chicken with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with dried basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
3. Preheat a BBQ Grill to medium high. Place Chef Remi BBQ Grill Mats on a grill rack (do not place them on a direct fire), lightly brush with remaining olive oil and preheat for 2 minutes.
4. Grill the chicken breasts for about 8 minutes then flip them. Top with mozzarella and tomato slices, cover with grill lid and cook for another 6-8 minutes or until chicken is done and cheese is melted. Use the Chef Remi Cooking Thermometer to test doneness. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the breast and remove the chicken from the grill at 165°F.
5. Divide the chicken between serving plates, drizzle with balsamic reductions and serve with your favorite salad.