My family love this! Charring onions brings an extra smokiness to chili onion butter that is rarely tasted in shop bought versions.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 3 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 6 spring onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons of crushed red or green pepper flakes
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
How To Make Your Charred Chili Onion Butter:
- Take your butter out of the fridge for at least an hour before use. If you have forgotten to take the butter out from the fridge, and it is too hard, take a small bowl and use a Y-peeler to create thin soft slices – instant soft butter!
- Heat your BBQ grill onto a high heat, and place a BBQ grill mat on top of the hot grates.
- Trim any dead ends off your spring onions using a sharp chef’s knife and wooden cutting board.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the onions with the oil, and then add the salt and pepper. Place the onions onto the BBQ grill mat, and grill for about 3 minutes until slightly charred.
- Allow the onions to cool, and then remove with BBQ tongs back to the cutting board, and chop the onions finely.
- In a small mixing bowl, use a mixing spatula to combine the chopped onions with the pepper flakes and butter. Season with more salt and black pepper, if needed.
Our Chef Remi Grill Mats can make grilling, whether indoors or out, so much easier. As foods will no longer touch the grates, there’s no more scrubbing food residue off, or losing precious marinade through grates,
And yet, you’ll still get great sear marks!
Add this indispensable grilling tool to your collection today.