Yes, you heard right. Grapes. On a BBQ grill! This is an absolute showstopper, despite being a cinch to make, and will be the talk of your family and friends.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 minute (plus 20 minutes marinating time)
Total time: 21 minutes
- 1 pound of bunched grapes
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red-chili flakes
- 2 garlic cloves
- Toasted bread – to serve
- Lump of burrata or fresh mozzarella – to serve
- A pinch of salt
How To Make Your Cheesy Grilled Grapes:
- Heat a BBQ grill to medium heat, and place a BBQ grill mat on top of the hot grates.
- Wash the bunched grapes under a cold tap, and then set aside to dry.
- Remove the skin of your garlic cloves by using the flat of a paring knife blade to bash each clove on a wooden cutting board. Then chop your garlic finely.
- In a mixing bowl, use a small balloon whisk to mix most of the olive oil (leaving a little aside to drizzle over later), balsamic vinegar, chili flakes and minced garlic.
- Now add the grapes and toss until the grapes are thoroughly coated. Allow the grapes to sit in this marinade for 10 minutes.
- Using BBQ tongs, pick the bunch of grapes out of the mixing bowl, and place it in the middle of the BBQ grill mat.
- Grill for 30 seconds. Use the tongs to turn the bunch of grapes and then grill for another 30 seconds.
- Use the BBQ tongs to remove the bunch of grapes from the grill and place it back into the bowl of marinade. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, using the tongs to carefully move the grapes around to pick up more marinade.
- Use heavy duty kitchen shears to easily cut the bunch of grapes into smaller bunches, and plate up.
- Serve with a lump of burrata (or fresh mozzarella), some toasted bread, a sprinkle of salt, and a drizzle of the remaining olive oil.
Our Chef Remi BBQ Grill Set has everything you could possibly need for a great BBQ. A hardworking spatula that is also a meat tenderizer, meat cutter and a bottle opener. Tongs with teeth that will allow you turn difficult, cylindrical foods. And a 2 pronged angled fork to pick up stacked burgers, or skewer large vegetables.
All in heavy-duty stainless steel that’s built to last a lifetime. The perfect gift for a loved one, or yourself!
Add these indispensable BBQ tools to your collection today.