Cheesy Tomato & Basil Salmon
As you know, at Chef Remi, we try to make cooking at home as simple and enjoyable as possible. Not many people like slaving away in the kitchen for hours after a hard day’s work.
So, over the next few weeks, we’re going to show you some delicious recipes that all take under 30 minutes to prepare and cook, and with only 5 ingredients or less. Today, why not make our elegant Cheesy Tomato & Basil Salmon?
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 20mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 2 boneless salmon fillets (each about 3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Use a piece of aluminum foil to line a baking sheet, and spray liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Alternatively, line the sheet with Chef Remi Grill Mats, which will turn any pan or sheet into nonstick, without the calories associated with spraying oil.
- Place the salmon fillets onto the baking sheet and sprinkle over the basil.
- Using the Chef Remi Bread Knife, thinly slice your tomato.
- Top both your salmon fillets with the tomato slices, and drizzle over the olive oil.
- Grate your parmesan cheese using the fine grate of the Chef Remi Cheese Grater. Then, sprinkle the cheese over the salmon fillets.
- Place into your oven for 20 minutes. Check that your salmon is cooked through in the middle, without having to cut the fillets open, by using the Chef Remi Cooking Thermometer and making sure it reaches to at least 145°F. Serve.
Unless you've got x-ray vision, knowing how well cooked food is on the inside, from looking at it from the outside, especially when it comes to large roasts, is impossible.
The only way to be absolutely sure that you are serving food that has been cooked to a safe temperature is by using an instant read thermometer.
Chef Remi recommends:
The Chef Remi Digital Cooking Thermometer has an extensive temperature range between -58°F to 572ºF (-50ºC to 300°C), with both Fahrenheit and Celsius reading options. It also as a backlit display, which means you can use it even in dim conditions, such as an evening barbecue, or when camping.
What's more, this cooking thermometer comes with a manual detailing the optimal cooking temperatures for each type of food, so you’ll never under or over cook your food again!
Add this indispensable kitchen tool to your collection today.