Child Friendly Pepper Pizza
Most parents will agree, getting their children to eat healthily is a daily chore!
A good trick is to get them involved in the preparation. It’s amazing what you can get a child to eat when they were involved in the preparation.
Another good tactic is to turn junk food on its head and make healthy versions at home. Marry those 2 tactics together, and you have a brilliant plan of action that can change even the most ardent young junk food fan!
So today I’m going to start my series on child-friendly recipes that are a delicious twist on junk food versions. First up, Pepper Pizzas!
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 4 bell peppers or jumbo jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup of pizza sauce
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cups of finely grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cups of mini pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
How To Make Your Pepper Pizzas:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Using a sharp chef’s knife and a wooden cutting board, halve and core your bell peppers (do not allow children to do this step).
- Now, using the fine grate of a cheese grater, grate the Parmesan (again, this step should be completed by an adult).
- Chop up the fresh parsley using herb scissors (last step that requires an adult).
- Place the pepper halves onto a sheet tray, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Spoon pizza sauce into each pepper half.
- Sprinkle over Parmesan and mozzarella.
- Now top your peppers with pepperoni.
- Place your pepper pizzas into the oven (adult supervision required) and bake for about 15 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the peppers are a little crispy.
- Sprinkle over parsley and devour!
Chef Remi Recommends
Our multi-purpose Chef Remi Chef’s Knife will have you slicing and chopping like a pro.
This 8 inch, razor sharp, stainless steel knife, will allow you to make precise cuts, whilst the curved blade gives you a rocking motion for expert dicing, grinding and mincing.
Ergonomic thermoplastic rubber handle reduces aches and numbness, whilst also being moisture-resistant and giving you great grip, even when hands are wet with water, or slippery with food juices.
Add this indispensable kitchen tool to your collection today.