We’ve had a big response to our recent posts on the never-ending battle to get our kids to eat more fruit and vegetables.
We’ve given you six ways to get your children to eat fruit and vegetables, and then we added six more ways to get your children to eat fruit and vegetables.
Avocado really is one of the few foods out there that lives up to its claim of being a ‘super food’.
But when many adults can’t stand the taste and creaminess of a ripe avocado, how do we get out children to love this nutrient dense food?
We have a trick up our sleeves!
There’s been rumors of avocado and chocolate being an amazing combination for years. But these claims are usually touted by various ‘healthy’ websites, or vegan websites.
What might seem delicious to them may not be so delicious to our children!
Worry not! We’ve created a chocolate avocado mousse recipe that may be good for your children, but they’ll devour it like it’s made of Oreos!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 0
Total time: 10 minutes
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of white sugar (adjust depending on how sweet your tooth is!)
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of milk (use less if you want a thicker mousse)
How to make your Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Use an avocado slicer to halve, pit and scoop the flesh of the avocados, and place into a blender. Don’t blend yet!
- Place the chocolate chips onto a metal bowl, and then place this onto a pan of boiling water.
- Heat until the chips have melted completely, and then add this to the avocado flesh in the blender.
- Add the sugar, salt, vanilla extract to the blender. Now add some of the milk and blend. You must use a blender as mashing manually will leave lumps, and children HATE these lumps!
- Add more milk if the mousse is too thick for you and blend till you get a smooth consistency.
- Divide into 4 portions and serve!