Coconut Pork Curry
Believe it or not, after a long day’s work, it’s actually simpler and faster to make this curry than it is to call the local takeaway and get something delivered. Give it a try……….we know you’ll love it!
Preparation time: 5mins
Cooking time: 20mins
Total time: 25mins
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds of lean pork
- 2 1/2 cups of Thai-style coconut curry stir-fry sauce
- 2 1/2 cups of white rice
- 5 cups of water
- Place a large saucepan on a high heat on the stove and heat the oil.
- Cut the pork into cubes directly into the pan using Chef Remi Kitchen Shears. No need for a knife and cutting board!
- Brown the pork cubes for 5 minutes.
- Pour over the stir-fry sauce and mix well with a Chef Remi Kitchen Spoon. Bring to a simmer and keep cooking for 15-20 minutes until the pork is cooked through.
- In the meantime, rinse the rice well in cold running water until the water runs clear. Drain in a colander.
- Place the rice and the 5 cups of water into a large saucepan. Add a pinch of salt and place on a high heat on the stove to bring to a boil.
- Now, turn the heat down to very low, cover the pan with a lid, and cook for 10-15 minutes till the rice has cooked through. Fluff the rice up with a fork.
- Serve the rice with the coconut pork curry.
Chef Remi recommends:
The Chef Remi 3 Piece Kitchen Spoon Set is the only set of kitchen spoons you’ll ever need.
The solid spoon is perfect for mixing and stirring stews, chilies, soups and sauces. The slotted spoon is ideal for draining foods, such as vegetables from water or broth.
And the silicone spoon rest means you will never have to worry about where to rest your dirty spoons!
As the spoons are made from food-safe nylon, they will never scratch your precious nonstick, Teflon, ceramic enamel or coated pans.
Add these indispensable kitchen tools to your collection today.