Creamy Cucumber & Dill Salad
Cucumber is ….well, just cucumber really. But combine it with a little sour cream and mayo, and you get this very easy to make, genuinely cooling, summer salad - perfect for the really hot days.
I love this salad as you get the sourness from the sour cream and lemon juice, but the honey just gives the salad the merest hint of sweetness – perfect!
Preparation time: 10 mins
Chilling time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1/4 cup of red onion
- 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of dill
How To Make Your Creamy Cucumber & Dill Salad
- Using a sharp chef’s knife and wooden cutting board, thinly slice your cucumber and red onions.
- Zest your lemon using the zesting grate on a food grater, and then juice it.
- Skin your garlic clove by crushing it between a chef’s knife blade and a cutting board. Then, grate with the fine grate of a food grater.
- In a small bowl, place the lemon zest and juice, garlic, honey, sour cream, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Snip your dill using herbs scissors directly into the bowl, and whisk your dressing well using a small balloon whisk.
- In your salad / presentation bowl, place the cucumber and onion slices. Then, pour over your dressing and toss through.
- Place your bowl into the fridge and allow to chill for 30 minutes (especially important on a very hot summer’s day!)
- Serve your salad with serving tongs.
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- Box grater
- Herb scissors
- Balloon whisk set
- Kitchen tongs
Chef Remi recommends:
The Chef Remi Kitchen Whisks are 2 whisks (large and small) made from flexible, food-grade silicone.
Not only will they never damage the sides of any bowls, the flex within the wires will also act like a spring when pressed into the side of bowl, flipping out and whisking your mixture a lot faster than your hand needs to move, reducing tension on wrists, arms and shoulders.
Add these indispensable cooking tools to your collection today.