Kids love getting involved in the kitchen, don’t they? Here’s a great recipe for them to help you with. You do the preparation, the kids do all the sprinkling and rolling, and Dad can do the eating (make sure you save some for yourself)!
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Servings: 5 (2 pinwheels per serving)
- 1 pack of crescent rolls (refrigerated)
- 5-6 ounces of cooked ham / lunchmeat
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons of mustard
How to make your Father's Day Cheese & Ham Pinwheels:
- Lay a Chef Remi Grill Mat onto a baking sheet. This eliminates the need to add oil spray.
- Unroll the dough onto the mat. Now, crimp all the roll perforations together.
- Use a bread knife(link to Chef Remi Bread Knife as soon as it is live on the site) to evenly spread the mustard over the dough.
- Now, evenly sprinkle the grated cheese over the dough.
- Using a chef’s knife(link to Chef Remi Chef’s Knife as soon as it is live on the site), slice the cooked ham / lunchmeat. Use these slices to create an even covering of meat over the gratedcheddar cheese.
- Roll up the dough by starting from the long side.
- Slice the rolled up dough into 10-12 even pinwheels, using a chef’s knife(link to Chef Remi Chef’s Knife as soon as it is live on the site).
- Place each pinwheel onto the Chef Remi Grill Mat. Cook at 350°F for 12 minutes until the pinwheels are golden in color.
Our nonstick Chef Remi Grill Mat is ideal for outdoor barbecuing as well as indoor grilling.
It eliminates the need to add oil spray to make surfaces nonstick, which only adds extra calories. As it is a reusable BBQ grill mat, it also works out cheaper and more environmentally friendly than using parchment paper or foil.
Just wipe clean and place flat on the top rack of your dishwasher.
Add this indispensable kitchen and grilling accessory to your collection today.