Steak is the ultimate ‘man’ meal. So, on Father’s Day, it makes sense to make him a succulent steak!
Preparation time: 10 mins (plus at least 1 hour for marinating)
Cooking time 9 mins (plus 15 mins resting time)
Total time: 19 mins
2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons of salt
1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
2 - 2-1/2 pounds of flank steak
How to make your Father's Day Garlic & Rosemary Flank Steak
1) Chop the rosemary using a knife and a hardwood cutting board. Or you can use kitchen shears to snip leaves directly into a blender (much easier!).
2) Roughly chop the garlic cloves.
3) In a blender, process together the rosemary, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, for a few minutes until the rosemary and garlic have formed a paste.
4) In a medium baking dish, please your flank steak and use a fork to poke the steak (you need about 10 pricks per side)
5) Pour your rosemary and garlic marinade over the steak and turn the steak over a few times so all sides are thoroughly covered in the marinade.
6) Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least an hour (we recommend overnight, if possible).
7) Grease your grill with oil and preheat to high. Or, even better, switch your grill on and place a reusable BBQ grill mat on the grill grates. You won’t have to deal with marinade dripping off through the grates, and you’ll still get sear marks.
8) When grill is hot, add the flank steak and cook for about 5 minutes, covered.
9) Now turn the steak over, using the tongs of a BBQ tool set, and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
10) Take the steak out of your grill and allow it to rest on a large cutting board for 15 minutes covered with aluminum foil. This will allow the meat juices to redistribute.
11) Slice the flank steak very thinly, against the grain, using a sharp knife.
Don't let messy oil ruin your grill!
Our Chef Remi Grill Mats can make grilling, whether indoors or out, so much easier. As foods will no longer touch the grates, there’s no more scrubbing food residue off, or losing precious marinade through grates,
And yet, you’ll still get great sear marks!
Watch the video below showing one of our customers grill steak using the Chef Remi grill mats.