We don’t know many men that don’t love pizza. On Father’s Day, create our delicious 3 meat pizza ring; a great, fun twist to standard pizza that he’s sure to remember for months to come!
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
2 garlic cloves
1 pounds of Italian Sausage
1 1/2 cups of shredded pizza cheese
1/2 cup of pepperoni
1/2 cup of Canadian bacon
15 ounce can of pizza sauce,
8 ounces of refrigerated crescent rolls
How to make your Father's Day Pizza Ring
1) Heat your oven to 375°F
2) Take your garlic cloves and crush them using a garlic press. If you don’t have a garlic press, chop the garlic finely on a cutting board using a chef’s knife. Then, sprinkle over a little salt, and use the flat of your knife blade to squash the chopped garlic using a padding motion.
Work your way through the pile of garlic cuttings, scrape up into a pile and crush again, 2-3 times, to form a fine garlic paste.
3) Chop up your Italian sausage, using a knife and wooden cutting board, or you can use kitchen aid shears to cut the sausage directly into a skillet.
4) Heat a large skillet over a medium heat, add your garlic paste and sausage chunks. Drain off any excess grease that comes out from the sausage.
6) Add in 1 cup of the pizza cheese, 1/2 cup of the pizza sauce, the pepperoni, and the Canadian bacon and stir thoroughly. Take off heat.
7) Unroll your crescent dough and then separate into triangles. Arrange your dough triangles on an ungreased baking pan, with the points pointing towards the rim of the baking pan, and the horizontal wide ends overlapping towards the center.
8) Leave a 4 inch opening in the center and press the overlapping dough to seal.
9) Spoon your meat mixture onto the horizontal wide ends of each triangle dough, and then fold the pointed ends of the triangles in to form a ring. The filling should still be visible.
10) Place into your preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until the ring is golden brown.
11) Sprinkle over the remaining 1 cup of shredded pizza cheese, and serve your pizza ring with the remaining pizza sauce.
Hate Chopping Ingredients?
Our Black Kitchen Shears can make meat chopping tasks so much easier, especially as you can cut directly into a pan or skillet.
As the sharpest kitchen shears on the planet they'll slice through meat and sausage like a knife through hot butter.
They also have a built in bottle opener, which is perfect for opening tough sealed sauce bottles, or even cracking nuts for your recipes!
Make your cooking life easier by adding this kitchen tool to your collection today.