Good Old Macaroni Salad
This is such a classic, and I love pairing it with pulled pork or BBQ chicken on a summer’s evening. As my partner would say, it’s just good old fashioned home comfort food!
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: According to macaroni package instructions
Total time: 25-30 mins
- 8 ounces of dry elbow macaroni
- 1 cup of diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup of diced celery
- 1/4 cup of diced red onion
- 1 cup of carrots
- 2 hardboiled eggs
- 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon of honey
- 2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
How To Make Your Good Old Macaroni Salad:
- Cook the macaroni in water, with 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, according to instructions on the package.
- While the macaroni is cooking, dice the bell pepper, celery and the red onion using a sharp chef’s knife and wooden cutting board.
- Cut the carrot into julienne matchsticks easily by using a julienne peeler (much easier and faster than using a knife).
- Drain the macaroni into a colander, and rinse with cold water until cool. Allow the water to drain well by leaving it for 10 minutes.
- Hard boil your eggs, peel the shells, and then grate the eggs (a great way of getting egg into every bite) using the coarse grate of grater.
- In a medium sized bowl, place the Greek yoghurt, mayonnaise, honey, mustard, and vinegar, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and the pepper, and whisk well with a small balloon whisk.
- In your salad / presentation bowl, place your macaroni, egg, bell pepper, carrots, celery and onion. Drizzle your dressing over.
- Using herb scissors, snip small pieces of parsley directly over the salad and toss your salad to evenly coat. Serve with serving tongs.
The Chef Remi Kitchen Peeler Set is the ultimate 3 piece set of peelers – you’ll never need another peeler again!
The Y-shaped Swivel Peeler is for easy peeling of potatoes and other thin skinned foods, without hurting your wrist. The Serrated Peeler can peel even the most difficult waxy or slippery items.
And the Julienne Peeler is perfect for making strips of fruit and veg, easier than a spiralizer and much safer than a mandolin. These 3 pieces are guaranteed to cover all your peeling needs.
Add these indispensable kitchen tools to your collection today.