The popularity of avocado has gone through the roof in recent years. Even if you’re not a lover, you’re bound to know at least one person who’s a real avocado devotee. They’ll be so excited when you serve them barbecue avocados!
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup of herbs (thyme, lemon thyme, basil chives and parsley)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese
- 1 lemon
- 8 cherry tomatoes
N.B. Use Chef Remi Measuring Cups Set for accurate measuring of ingredients.
How To Make Your Grilled Avocado With Tomatoes:
- Use an avocado slicer to halve your avocados, and easily pit them without damaging the surrounding flesh.
- Brush the cut side of your avocado halves with some of the olive oil.
- Quarter the lemon, using a paring knife and wooden cutting board, and then slice your cherry tomatoes.
- Crumble your feta cheese into a small bowl.
- Mince your herbs using kitchen shears as it’s a lot faster than using a knife and board. Then add and mix in the remaining olive oil to create your herb oil.
- Heat your BBQ grill to a medium heat, and then place a BBQ grill mat on top of the grates.
- Place the avocados onto the grill mats, cut side down, and cook for 5-10 minutes. At the same time, place your lemon quarters around the cooler edges of the grill mat to cook through.
- Once the avocados have grill marks on the cut side, and the lemon quarters are caramelized and slightly charred, remove from the grill using BBQ tongs.
- Place the avocados onto plates, cut side up, add the cherry tomatoes and feta cheese, drizzle over your herb oil, and squeeze over the caramelized lemons. Watch your avocado fanatic go crazy.
Our Chef Remi Avocado Slicer with Knife can make preparing avocados as easy as 123!
This all-in-one tool will safely split an avocado in half, pit an avocado without damaging any flesh, scoop out the flesh AND create even avocado slices, all without wasting any precious fruit.
And yet, it’s safe enough for even the youngest of kids to use!
Add this indispensable kitchen tool to your collection today.