Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 8 lamb rib chops, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small cauliflower head cut into florets
- 3 medium red peppers, cut into chunks
- 4 small red onions, peeled, halved and quartered
- 1 can (15 oz) cooked chickpea, rinse and drained well
- 2 cups baby spinach
1. To make the dressing, in a bowl combine olive oil, vinegar, chives, thyme, salt, and pepper.
2. Pour 1/4 cup of the dressing in a large resealable plastic bags and add the lamb chops. Seal the bag and marinate the chops in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
3. Remove the chops from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling. Drain and discard marinade.
4. Preheat the grill to medium.
5. Meanwhile, thread cauliflower florets, red pepper and onions onto wooden skewers. Lightly brush with 2 tbsp of dressing.
6. Place the chops on a grill, cover and grill them for 6-8 minutes per side depending on desired doneness. To test doneness use the Chef Remi Cooking Thermometer. Inserted the thermometer into the thickest part of the chops. Take the chops off the grill at 145 °F (62.8 °C) for medium-rare, and 160°F (71 °C) for medium.
7. Add vegetable skewers to grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until vegetables are tender and slightly charred, 10 to 12 minutes.
8. Remove cauliflower, peppers and onions from skewers. Place them in a large bowl with chickpeas and spinach, add remaining dressing and gently toss to combine. Adjust the taste with more salt or pepper if necessary.
9. Divide the salad among four plates. Place lamb chops on the salad and serve.