Sauces and dips are an integral part of the BBQ experience, but how many people actually make their sauces using their grill?
When it comes to salsa, many people are missing a trick, as charring the tomatoes and vegetables really plays up the sweetness, and adds smoky, bitter notes that are almost impossible otherwise.
Add this tasty salsa liberally to pork, quesadillas, grilled snapper etc.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 8 mins
Total time: 18 mins
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 white onion
- 4 serrano chilies
- 1 cup of cilantro leaves including tender stems
- Salt, to taste
N.B. Use Chef Remi Measuring Cups Set for accurate measuring of ingredients.
How To Make Your Grilled Red Salsa:
- Heat your BBQ grill to a high heat, and place a BBQ grill mat on top of the grill grates.
- In the meantime, halve and core your tomatoes, using a sharp paring knife.
- Remove the skin of your garlic cloves by using the flat of a paring knife blade to bash each clove on a wooden cutting board.
- Chop your cilantro easily using a pair of kitchen shears.
- Place the tomato halves and the onion half onto the BBQ grill mat, and cook for about 4 minutes, turning occasionally using BBQ tongs.
- Now add the chilies and cook all the vegetables for another 4 minutes until fragrant and slightly charred. Transfer all to a plate and allow to cool.
- Place the grilled vegetables into a food processer, add the garlic gloves and cilantro and puree into small pieces. Add salt to taste.
Our Chef Remi Grill Mats can make grilling, whether indoors or out, so much easier. As foods will no longer touch the grates, there’s no more scrubbing food residue off, or losing precious marinade through grates,
And yet, you’ll still get great sear marks!
Add this indispensable grilling tool to your collection today.