Over the last few years, we’ve seen pizza become an ultimate BBQ dish served direct from the grill.
And it’s no wonder. BBQ grills provide a lot more heat than the average home oven, so they can almost mimic the actions of a professional pizza oven.
So give our grilled ricotta and asparagus pizza a try this Independence Day. It’s sure to go down a treat!
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 7 mins
Total time: 27 mins
- 1/4 cup of ricotta
- 1/2 cup of asparagus
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- Herb oil
- 8 ounces of readymade pizza dough
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
N.B. Use Chef Remi Measuring Cups Set for accurate measuring of ingredients.
How To Make Your Grilled Ricotta and Asparagus Pizza:
- Take your pizza dough out of your fridge and allow it to sit at room temperature, for about an hour before you start, for a more even pizza base.
- Snip off the dry ends of your asparagus using kitchen shears and set aside.
- Zest your lemon using a fine grate on a cheese grater.
- Heat up your BBQ grill and make sure it gets to a high heat. Pizza dough needs a high heat to get that authentic pizzeria-style crust.
- Now, place a BBQ grill mat on top of the hot grates. The grill mat can mimic the actions of a pizza stone, distributing heat evenly across the dough.
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll out your pizza dough. You need about an 8 ounces of dough stretched to 12-14 inches in diameter.
- Brush one side of your pizza dough with herb oil, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place your pizza dough, oil side down, directly onto the hot BBQ grill mat. At the same time place your prepared asparagus onto the grill mat.
- Brush the top side of the dough with more herb oil and cook for about 1-2 minutes till the underside has bubbles forming, and becomes slightly charred.
- Use BBQ tongs to flip the dough onto the other side and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Your asparagus should be cooked through by now, so remove using BBQ tongs and set aside.
- Move the grill mat to a cooler part of the grill. Top the pizza dough with the ricotta cheese, asparagus and lemon zest, and the cover the grill.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the ricotta had melted, and then take your pizza off the heat.
- Serve with a drizzle of herb oil.
Our Chef Remi Grill Mats can make grilling, whether indoors or out, so much easier. As foods will no longer touch the grates, there’s no more scrubbing food residue off, or losing precious marinade through grates,
And yet, you’ll still get great sear marks!
Add this indispensable grilling tool to your collection today.