Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 4 (1 inch thick) boneless pork chops
- 10 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- salt, black pepper to taste
1. Using a small paring knife, make a pocket in each chop. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes. Add dried rosemary and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Spoon stuffing into pockets in chops. Secure the chops with toothpicks.
4. Preheat a BBQ grill to medium. Place Chef Remi BBQ Grill Mats on a grill rack (do not place them on a direct fire), lightly brush with remaining olive oil and preheat for 2 minutes.
5. Grill the pork chops for about 3 minutes then flip them and cook them for another 3-4 minutes. Use the Chef Remi Cooking Thermometer to test doneness. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the pork chop and remove the chop from the grill at 145 °F.
6. Divide the chops between serving plates and serve with your favorite salad.