Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Total time: 23 minutes
- four 1/2-inch thick tuna steaks
- grated zest of one lime
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, cubed
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves or 1/2 tsp dried mint leaves
- salt, black pepper to taste
1. Season the tuna steaks with pinch of salt and pinch of black pepper, sprinkle with lime zest and brush with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside.
2. To make the salsa, place the black beans, mango, tomato, cucumber, spring onion, jalapeño, mint, 4 tablespoons of olive oil and lime juice in a bowl and combine. Season to taste with salt and set aside.
3. Preheat grill to medium high. Place Chef Remi BBQ Grill Mats on a grill rack (do not place them on a direct fire), lightly brush with remaining olive oil and preheat for 2 minutes.
4. Grill the tuna for about 3-4 minutes per side. Use the Chef Remi Cooking Thermometer to test doneness. Insert the thermometer into the center of the steak and remove the tuna from the grill at 145°F.
5. Serve immediately with black bean mango salsa.