French toast is fancy at the best of times. But just watch the look of surprise on your children’s faces when you start making them right on your BBQ grill.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Servings: 4 (12 slices)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of half-and-half (half light cream, half milk)
- One 9-10 inch loaf of brioche or white sandwich bread
- Butter, jam and /or maple syrup – to serve
How To Make Your Grilled Vanilla French Toast:
- Heat your BBQ grill to a medium heat, and place a BBQ grill mat on top.
- In a large bowl, use a large balloon whisk to mix together the eggs, sugar, vanilla extra and salt.
- Stream the half-and-half into the bowl, whisking continuously.
- Slice your loaf into 3/4 inch thick slices using a sharp bread knife.
- Place the slices of bread onto the hot BBQ grill mat, and toast both sides of each slice of bread lightly.
- Working in batches, place the toasted slices of bread into the egg mixture, and let it stand for 1-2 minutes to soak in.
- Place each soaked slice back onto the hot grill mat and cook for 2 minutes, until you get brown grill marks.
- Flip each slice, using a BBQ spatula, and grill the other side for another 2 minutes
- Transfer the French toast to plates, and serve with butter and /or jam or maple syrup.
Our multi-purpose Chef Remi Bread Knife, made from food-grade stainless steel, makes slicing through the toughest, crusty bread easy, yet the ultra-thin serrated knife edge can slice through delicate pastries like butter.
Add this indispensable cooking tool to your collection today.