Is there anything that screams ‘summer’ more than the aroma of sticky, succulent chicken wings on a barbeque grill?
Fire up the barbeque and make a batch of our chicken wings. Whenever I make these for my partner and daughter, the gorgeous smell seems to make all our neighbours casually drop by for a taste!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours 15 minutes (each batch 45 minutes)
Total time: 2 hours and 45 minutes
- 48 chicken wings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of black pepper
- 4 teaspoons of garlic powder
- Cooking spray (not needed if using grill mat)
- 2 1/2 cups of barbecue sauce (preferably Hickory Smoke flavor)
- 1 1/2 cups of honey
- 5 tablespoons of ketchup
- 5 tablespoons of hot sauce
- 10 tablespoons of butter
Problems opening some of the jars and bottles? Use our ‘no muscles required’ jar opener (link to jar opener) with 8 sizes of circular openings. It gives you ten times more leverage, making opening any jar or bottle easy, even with arthritic hands.
How To Make Your Honey Barbecue Chicken Wings:
- Fire up the barbeque to a medium heat.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken wings. Season with paprika, cayenne, sugar, salt, pepper and 3 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- Spray a cookie sheet with a generous amount of cooking spray. Or, use Chef Remi’s Barbeque Grill Mat as you don’t need the spray, and it’s thin enough for you to get those perfect grill marks.
- Place the wings in a single layer on the grill mat / cookie sheet, and place on the barbeque grill. You will need to do them in 3 batches
- Cook for 35 to 40 minutes per batch. Use BBQ tongs to turn the wings. You only need to turn the wings once.
- Whilst the wings are cooking, make the sauce in a saucepan by slowly simmering the barbeque sauce, honey, ketchup, hot sauce, butter and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder over a stovetop on low heat. Stir well using a solid spoon.
- When the wings are cooked through, dip them into the sauce, and place them back on the grill mat / cookie sheet for another 5 minutes until the sauce is bubbling. Enjoy, and remember to save some for your neighbors!
Our Chef Remi BBQ Grill Set has everything you could possibly need for a great BBQ. A hardworking spatula that is also a meat tenderizer, meat cutter and a bottle opener. Tongs with teeth that will allow you turn difficult, cylindrical foods. And a 2 pronged angled fork to pick up stacked burgers, or skewer large vegetables.
All in heavy-duty stainless steel that’s built to last a lifetime. The perfect gift for a loved one, or yourself!
Add these indispensable BBQ tools to your collection today.