Lemon & Garlic Cod
Fish cooks fast, so it makes a perfect ingredient for speedy wholesome dinners during the week when time is at a premium.
Let us show you how to take the humble cod fillet and ratchet it up to gourmet levels….. all in under 30 minutes!
Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 15mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 4 cod fillets (about 6 ounces)
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- 2 lemons
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Use Chef Remi Kitchen Shears to cut 4 large squares of aluminum foil.
- Use a pastry brush to brush each cod fillet with olive oil. Sprinkle over some salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste.
- Place each cod fillet into one of your aluminum squares.
- Use the Chef Remi Bread Knife to easily slice your waxy lemons into thin slices.
- Place the lemon slices down the length of each cod fillet, overlapping them so every part of the fillet is covered.
- Use the Chef Remi Paring Knife to easily slice the garlic cloves into thin slices. Now, cut the parsley into tiny pieces using the Chef Remi Herb Scissors (much easier than using a knife).
- Sprinkle the garlic slices and snipped chives over the cod fillets, and fold the foil overeach fillet, turning the edges 2-3 times. Seal the packets by flattening the edges.
- Place into your oven for 15-20 minutes until the fillets are opaque and can be easily flaked with a fork. Serve.
Chef Remi recommends:
The Chef Remi Herb Scissors are perfect for all your fresh herb snipping, mincing and chopping. With 5, razor sharp, stainless steel blades, it is much faster and more efficient than using a knife or single blade shears.
Plus the thermoplastic rubber handles, with moisture resistant finish, will give you the perfect grip, even with wet hands or slippery fingers.
Snip perfect amounts of mint, rosemary, sage, cilantro, parsley, basil, chives or any other herbs!
Add this indispensable kitchen tool to your collection today.