Preparation time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 45 minutes
For the Chops:
2 pounds lamb chops
3 rosemary sprigs, minced
2 thyme sprigs, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 lemon, zested
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
For the Caponata:
2 medium eggplants, cubed
2 cups cherry tomatoes
2 medium onions, cut into wedges
1 cup black olives
1 garlic clove, minced
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
salt, black pepper to taste
1. To make the marinade, combine the rosemary, thyme, garlic, lemon zest, chili flakes juice, salt and olive oil in a small bowl. Place the chops in a shallow dish and pour marinade over them. Turn to coat, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Remove the chops from the fridge, 30 minutes before grilling.
3. To make the caponata, in a bowl place the eggplants, cherry tomatoes, onions and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and gently toss to coat.
4. Preheat grill to medium high. Place the Chef Remi BBQ Grill Mats on a grill rack (do not place them on a direct fire) and preheat for 2 minutes.
5. Place the chops and veggies on Chef Remi BBQ Grill Mats and cover.
6. Grill the veggies until just tender and lightly charred, about 5-7 minutes.
7. Grill the chops for 4 minutes per side depending on desired doneness. To test doneness use the Chef Remi Cooking Thermometer. Inserted the thermometer into the thickest part of the chop. Take the chops off the grill at 155°F (68°C). Transfer to a platter, cover with a foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
8. Place the grilled veggies in a bowl with remaining olive oil, vinegar, olives, minced garlic and basil. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and toss to combine.
9. Serve the chops with caponata.