EVERYONE makes cakes for their mother on Mother’s Day.
Show your mom how much of an individual you are, and make her some classy, clotted cream fudge instead.
What’s even better is that you can also wrap these up and give as a present!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Setting time: 30 minutes (plus overnight)
Total time: 45 minutes
275 grams of golden caster sugar (use unrefined)
100 grams of light muscovado sugar (use unrefined)
225 grams of clotted cream
1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
How to make your Mother’s Day Clotted Cream Fudge
1) Find a high-sided, heavy saucepan that will hold double the volume of your fudge ingredients, so you don’t have any boil-over accidents, and the fudge isn’t scorched.
2) Add all the ingredients into this saucepan and heat on a low to medium heat, stirring constantly until all the sugar dissolves.
3) Turn the heat up and bring to the boil. Now cover the saucepan, and boil for a further 3 minutes.
4) Take off the cover, and place a cooking thermometer into your fudge mixture. Keep boiling until the temperature reaches 240°F.
5) Take the saucepan off the heat and beat until the fudge mixture is creamy and thick.
6) Line an 8 inch square tin with aluminum foil, making sure to leave about 2 inches overhanging on each side, to help you lift the fudge out once it has cooled.
7) Pour the beaten fudge mixture into the baking tin and leave for 30 minutes to cool.
8) Mark squares use a sharp knife, and leave overnight to set.
9) Lift the fudge out using the overhanging aluminum foil and then cut into square pieces. Serve, or store in an airtight container.