I love how the oranges give this simple salad a splash of sweetness to contrast with the savory punch of the olives.
Preparation time: 25 mins
Chilling time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 25 mins
- 4 cups of Arugula
- 2 Persian cucumbers
- 2 Cara Cara or navel oranges
- 1/2 cup of Kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon of cashew halves
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How To Make Your Olive & Orange Arugula Salad with Fennel Vinaigrette:
- Thinly slice your Persian cucumbers using a sharp chef’s knife and wooden cutting board.
- Peel your oranges and then separate into segments.
- Use a precise paring knife to half the Kalamata olives.
- Crush the fennel seeds slightly between a chef’s knife blade and a cutting board.
- Heat a small skillet on medium heat and, once hot, add the crushed fennel seeds and cashew halves. Move them around constantly using a solid spatula and watch them like a hawk as they can easily burn!
- Place the mustard, fennel seeds, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper into a small bowl. Whisk well with a small balloon whisk to combine ingredients.
- Arrange the Arugula leaves in your salad / presentation bowl. Top with the olives, orange segments and cucumber slices.
- Cover your salad and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Just before you serve, drizzle over your fennel vinaigrette. Add more salt and pepper to taste, and serve your salad with serving tongs.
Our multi-purpose Chef Remi Chef’s Knife will have you slicing and chopping like a pro.
This 8 inch, razor sharp, stainless steel knife, will allow you to make precise cuts, whilst the curved blade gives you a rocking motion for expert dicing, grinding and mincing.
Ergonomic thermoplastic rubber handle reduces aches and numbness, whilst also being moisture-resistant and giving you great grip, even when hands are wet with water, or slippery with food juices.
Add this indispensable kitchen tool to your collection today.