Poulet Au Vinaigre De Vin
Vinegar is renowned for its flavour enhancing and tenderizing properties. But it can often leave a slightly acidic taste in food. On National Vinegar Day, try our recipe using a much milder rice vinegar and impress your loved ones.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Total time: 1 hour
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- One 7 1/2 pound chicken (or 2 smaller chickens, 3 3/4 pounds each)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup of rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of flat leaf parsley
How to make your Poulet Au Vinaigre De Vin:
- Peel and crush 4 of your garlic cloves. Peel easily by crushing each cloves between a sharp chef’s knife and a wooden cutting board.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter and the olive oil in a large, deep skillet on a medium to high heat. Add the 4 cloves of crushed garlic and stir using a solid spatula.
- Cut the chicken into 20 pieces using kitchen shears (much easier than using a knife and board.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and then add to the skillet. Continue to cook on a medium to high heat for 10 minutes, until the chicken is lightly browned all over.
- Deseed the tomatoes using a precise paring knife, and cut into 1/2 inch dices. Add them to the skillet, along with the vinegar and bring to a simmer.
- Cover the skillet and bring the heat down to low. Continue to simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Once done, transfer the chicken using a slotted kitchen spoon to a plate and keep warm.
- Boil the remaining sauce in the skillet over a medium to high heat for 5 minutes, until it is slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Peel the remaining 4 garlic cloves by crushing each cloves between a sharp chef’s knife and a wooden cutting board, and mash them into the sauce.
- Snip the parsley directly into the sauce using herb scissors, add the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter, and whisk well using a small balloon whisk.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Now, pour the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.
Chef Remi recommends:
The Chef Remi 3 Piece Kitchen Spoon Set is the only set of kitchen spoons you’ll ever need.
The solid spoon is perfect for mixing and stirring stews, chilies, soups and sauces. The slotted spoon is ideal for draining foods, such as vegetables from water or broth.
And the silicone spoon rest means you will never have to worry about where to rest your dirty spoons!
As the spoons are made from food-safe nylon, they will never scratch your precious nonstick, Teflon, ceramic enamel or coated pans.
Add these indispensable kitchen tools to your collection today.