Provence Mesclun Salad With Dried Cherries & Chickpeas
Mesclun is a salad mix of young salad leaves and other edible leaves, such as mustard green, dandelion green and radicchio. This is such a simple salad to make, but adding the dried cherries takes it from ‘standard’ to ‘different!’
Preparation time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 2 carrots
- 15 ounces (about 1 can) of chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 cups of Mesclun salad leaves
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup of dried cherries
- 1/4 cup of fresh dill
- Salt, to taste
How To Make Your Provence Mesclun Salad With Dried Cherries & Chickpeas
- Using a sharp chef’s knife and wooden cutting board, halve your carrots lengthwise, and then thinly slice with a bias (diagonal) cut.
- Rinse your chickpeas thoroughly in a colander and leave for a few minutes to drain well.
- Skin your garlic clove by crushing it between a chef’s knife blade and a cutting board. Then finely mince.
- In a small bowl, place the minced garlic, mustard and vinegar and whisk together with a small balloon whisk.
- Add in the olive oil as a steady stream, whisking constantly, to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In your salad / presentation bowl, place the Mesclun leaves, chickpeas, carrots, and cherries.
- Snip your dill using herbs scissors directly on top of the salad.
- Drizzle over your vinaigrette, and toss thoroughly. Serve your salad with serving tongs.
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- Balloon whisk set
- Herb scissors
- Kitchen tongs
Our multi-purpose Chef Remi Chef’s Knife will have you slicing and chopping like a pro.
This 8 inch, razor sharp, stainless steel knife, will allow you to make precise cuts, whilst the curved blade gives you a rocking motion for expert dicing, grinding and mincing.
Ergonomic thermoplastic rubber handle reduces aches and numbness, whilst also being moisture-resistant and giving you great grip, even when hands are wet with water, or slippery with food juices.
Add this indispensable kitchen tool to your collection today.