Roasted Potato Salad
I love a good old potato salad, but when I was introduced to this roasted version, 'normal' potato salad no longer cuts it.
My 11 year old loves this, especially when there are leftovers! I warm this up and add some cheese, salsa and eggs, and roll it all up in a tortilla - her favorite burrito!
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
- 2 pounds of baby red potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of ancho chili pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of fresh dill
- 1 corn on the cob
- 3 tablespoons of green onion
How To Make Your Roasted Potato Salad:
- Preheat your oven to 400˚F.
- Halve your red potatoes, and dice your peppers using a sharp chef’s knife and wooden cutting board.
- In a roasting pan, place your potatoes, peppers, olive oil, ancho, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Using herbs scissors, snip 1 tablespoon of the dill directly on top, and toss through well.
- Make sure your vegetables are all on a single layer in the pan, leaving some space for your corn on the cob. Place the corn into the space with the husk still on.
- Place your roasting pan onto the middle rack of your oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Take out your corn, and place the rest of the vegetables back into the oven and roast till the potatoes are tender enough to be pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes.
In the meantime, get rid of the husk from the corn, and slice off the kernels using a sharp chef’s knife.
- Thinly slice your green onion using a precise paring knife.
- Take the roasting pan out of the oven, and stir in the corn kernels using a solid spoon.
- To garnish, top your potato salad with your green onion and, using herbs scissors, snip the remaining 1 tablespoon of the dill on top. Serve with serving tongs.
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- Herb scissors
- Paring knife
- 3pc spoon set
- Kitchen tongs
The Chef Remi Herb Scissors are perfect for all your fresh herb snipping, mincing and chopping. With 5, razor sharp, stainless steel blades, it is much faster and more efficient than using a knife or single blade shears.
Plus the thermoplastic rubber handles, with moisture resistant finish, will give you the perfect grip, even with wet hands or slippery fingers.
Snip perfect amounts of mint, rosemary, sage, cilantro, parsley, basil, chives or any other herbs!
Add this indispensable kitchen tool to your collection today.