Salsa Topped Tilapia
Here’s another tasty meal idea that is on your plate from start to finish in under 20 minutes. That’s quicker than calling for a takeaway!
There’s only 5 ingredients to this dish, and it’s sure to please the whole family. Who said home cooking was time consuming and laborious?
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 10mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 5 ears of corn on the cob
- 1 1/2 cups of Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 5 tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of salsa (red or green)
(Instead of corn, you can choose salad, tomatoes or potatoes as accompaniments, if you wish)
- Remove the husks and silk from the ears of corn.
- Fill a large pot with water and place onto the stove on high heat. Allow the water to boil, and then use a Chef Remi Kitchen Tong to safely place the ears of corn gently into the water. Turn off the heat, cover the pot, and allow the corn to cook for 10 minutes until tender.
- In the meantime, place your bread crumbs into a shallow plate or dish. Now gently press each tilapia fillet into the crumbs to coat thoroughly.Shake each fillet to remove anybread crumbs that did not stick to the surface. Make sure you place each breaded tilapia separately from others, and you do not stack them up, to stop the bread crumb from rubbing off.
- Place a skillet on medium heat on the stove and heat the olive oil.
- Use a Chef Remi Kitchen Tong to place each of the breaded tilapia fillet into the hot oil and cook for 4 minutes on each side until brown. Use the tongs to safely remove from oil and place the fillets onto a plate.
- Spoon over the salsa onto each fillet and place the plate into the microwave for 15 seconds to heat the salsa.
- Serve with corn on the cob.
Chef Remi recommends:
The Chef Remi 2pc Kitchen Tong Set is perfect for all your cooking, baking and serving needs, whether indoors or outdoors.
These 9 and 12 inch tongs are made from super strong, thick stainless steel, with heavy-duty EU silicone tips that are heat resistant up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit.
Use them anywhere; on the stove, on a griddle, on the BBQ, these multitasking tongs will last a lifetime and never damage any kitchenware, such as Enamel, Teflon coated, Glass, Pyrex and even nonstick products.
Add these indispensable kitchen tools to your collection today.