Watermelon is one of the ultimate summer tastes, but on a BBQ grill? Try our grilled watermelon with a spicy lime sauce. Your kids will want this treat again and again!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of lime zest
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of garlic chili sauce
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 medium watermelon
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- A dollop of Greek yogurt or coconut whipped cream - to serve
How To Make Your Spicy Grilled Watermelon:
- Heat your BBQ grill to a high heat, and place a BBQ grill mat onto top of the hot grates.
- Zest your lime using the zesting grate on a food grater, and then juice it. Set aside
- Use herb scissors (link to product when live on Shopify site) to snip and chop sprigs of cilantro easily. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, use a small balloon whisk to mix together the lime zest, juice, salt, garlic chili sauce, and 3 tablespoons of the honey.
- Slice your watermelon in half using a sharp chef’s knife, remove the seed, and then slice the flesh into wedges using a melon slicer. Much less effort and less flesh wasted than using a knife.
- Dice the watermelon flesh into 1 inch cubes using a sharp chef’s knife.
- Drizzle the surfaces of the wedges with the remaining honey, and place onto the hot BBQ grill mat.
- Grill for 2 minutes until brown, and then use a BBQ spatula to flip over the grill for 2 minutes on the other side.
- Place the grilled watermelon slices onto a plate, drizzle over with your lime dressing, and garnish with the chopped cilantro. Serve with a good helping of Greek yoghurt or coconut whipped cream – delicious!
Our Chef Remi Kitchen Whisk Set make whisking tasks less of a chore. They’re extremely lightweight, so no more aching wrists and arms.
Plus, as they are made from food-grade silicone, they will never scratch your expensive nonstick cookware and bakeware!
Add these indispensable cooking tools to your collection today.