Preparation time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 22 minutes
4 8-ounce boneless steaks, about 1-inch thick
1/2 cup plain yogurt
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp salt
1 pound asparagus, bottoms trimmed, peeled, see note
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
4 spring onions, chopped
1 cup cooked red (or white) quinoa
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil
salt, black pepper to taste
1. To make the marinade, combine the yogurt, garlic, mint, lime juice, sugar, curry, paprika and salt in a small bowl. Place the steaks in a shallow dish and pour marinade over steaks. Turn to coat steaks, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Remove the steaks from the fridge, 30 minutes before grilling.
3. Preheat grill to medium high. Place the Chef Remi BBQ Grill Mats on a grill rack (do not place them on a direct fire) and preheat for 2 minutes.
4. Place the asparagus and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl and toss to coat.
5. Place the asparagus and steaks on Chef Remi BBQ Grill Mats and cover.
6. Grill the asparagus until just tender and lightly charred, about 5 minutes.
7. Grill the steaks for 6-8 minutes per side depending on desired doneness. To test doneness use the Chef Remi Cooking Thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the steak. Take the steaks off the grill at 140 °F (60 °C) for medium-rare, and 155°F (68.3 °C) for medium. Transfer to a platter, cover with a foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
8. Chop the grilled asparagus and place in a bowl with tomatoes, onion, cooked quinoa, oil, vinegar and basil. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and toss to combine.
9. Serve the steaks with asparagus quinoa salad.