The Cream Of Pesto Penne
Pasta is a simple ingredient that lends itself to quickly prepared meals. But it can also get boring. Let us show you how to take normal pesto penne and turn into a creamy sensation fit for a restaurant!
Preparation time: 5mins
Cooking time: 20mins
Total time: 25mins
- 1 pack of penne pasta (about 16 ounces)
- 1 pack of creamy pesto sauce mix (about 1.2 ounces)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
(Garnish with leaves of basil, if you have to hand)
- Fill a large pot with water and add a pinch of salt. Place onto a medium heat on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Add the penne to the water and cook for 11 minutes, stirring occasionally with a Chef Remi Kitchen Spoon, until tender but still with a bite.
- In the meantime, grate your parmesan cheese using the fine grate of the Chef Remi Cheese Grater.
- Drain the penne and transfer to a serving bowl.
- In a small saucepan, place the pesto sauce mix, the milk and the olive oil, and whisk together using a Chef Remi Kitchen Whisk.
- Place the saucepan onto a medium heat on the stove and bring to the boil, whisking continuously. Reduce heat to low and keep the mixture simmering for about 3 minutes until it thickens.
- Pour the pesto mixture over your drained penne and toss well to coat. Serve.
Chef Remi recommends:
The Chef Remi Kitchen Whisks are 2 whisks(large and small) made from flexible, food-grade silicone.
Not only will they never damage the sides of any bowls, the flex within the wires will also act like a spring when pressed into the side of bowl, flipping out and whisking your mixture a lot faster than your hand needs to move, reducing tension on wrists, arms and shoulders.
Add these indispensable cooking tools to your collection today.