White Bean & Chicken Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
I love the vibrancy of all the colors on this salad. They say we eat with your eyes. In that case, this is a feast!
This is my go-to salad when I need to use up some leftover chicken.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 1 bag (about 6 ounces) of microwavable snow peas
- 2 tablespoons of shallot
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado
- 3 oranges
- 6 tablespoons of sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2-3 chicken breast fillets
- 15 1/2 ounces of cannellini beans
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
How To Make Your White Bean & Chicken Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette:
- Place a BBQ grill mat onto the grates of your grill, and heat your grill to 350-400°F (no more scrubbing grates clean afterwards).
- Place your microwaveable snow peas in their bag into the microwave, and cook according to the instructions on the packet.
- With a precise paring knife and wooden cutting board, finely mince your shallots.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes using a sharp chef’s knife.
- Cut, pit and slice the avocado with an avocado slicer.
Juice one of your oranges (you want around 3 tablespoons of juice). Peel and separate the remaining 2 oranges into segments.
- Slice the microwaved snow peas into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat a small skillet on medium heat and, once hot, add the sliced almonds. Move your almonds around constantly using a solid spatula and watch them like a hawk as they can easily burn! Once roasted, sprinkle over 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.
- Grill your chicken, covered, for 4-5 minutes on each side until done. Use a cooking thermometer to make sure you have cooked the chicken through to 165°F, the safe cooking temperature. Leave to rest and cool down.
- Place the cannellini beans into a colander and rinse well. Leave to drain.
- In a medium bowl, place the fresh orange juice, shallots, avocado, tomaotes, Dijon mustard, vinegar, honey, the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt, and the pepper. Whisk well using a small balloon whisk.
- Now, add the olive oil steadily, whilst whisking continuously, until combined.
- Chop up the chicken directly into your salad / presentation bowl using heavy duty kitchen shears (much easier than using a knife and cutting board).
- Add the cannellini beans, snow peas, orange segments and cabbage. Drizzle over the citrus vinaigrette and toss well.
- Sprinkle over the roasted almonds, and serve your salad with serving tongs.
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- BBQ mat
- Paring knife
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- 2pc spatula set
- Cooking thermometer
- Kitchen balloon whisks
- Kitchen shears
- Kitchen tongs
Chef Remi Recommends
Our Chef Remi Award Winning Kitchen Shears can make meat chopping tasks so much easier, especially as you can cut directly into a pan or skillet.
As the sharpest kitchen shears on the planet they'll slice through meat and sausage like a knife through hot butter.
They also have a built in bottle opener, which is perfect for opening tough sealed sauce bottles, or even cracking nuts for your recipes!
Add this indispensable kitchen tool to your collection today.